Spicy Zha Jiang Mian
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 4 pax
- 400 g Dried wheat noodles
- 1 large Carrot, julienned
- 1 large Japanese cucumber, julienned
- 200 g Minced chicken
- 2 sprigs Spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp Angel Bean Paste (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Angel Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Angel Thick Caramel
- 1 tbsp Angel Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 200 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Spring onions
- Red chillies
- Heat up the oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add the spring onions, ginger, star anise, and sauté till fragrant. Add in the minced chicken and rice vinegar. Stir fry till the chicken is cooked.
- Add in Angel Bean Paste (Minced) and Angel Oyster Sauce, continue frying till well combined.
- Add in the water and Angel Thick Caramel, let it simmer over slow fire till the sauce thicken.
- Add in the sugar and Angel Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce, mix well and dish up.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then add in the dry noodles and cook till al-dente or desired texture. Drain and rinse under cold water for a few seconds.
- Divide the noodles into 4 serving bowls. Top with the sauce and the julienned vegetables.