Soy Sauce Lotus Root Salad
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serving size: 3-4 pax
- 250 g Lotus roots, skin peeled and sliced into ¼ inch circles
- Water to soak
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pip Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Lightly toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Angel Light Soy Sauce (First Draw)
- 1 ½ tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 cup Water
- Spring onions
- Soak the lotus roots in some water with salt for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil then add in the minced garlic, Angel Light Soy Sauce (First Draw), rice vinegar, brown sugar and stir well.
- Add the lotus roots and let them simmer on medium heat, occasionally turning them around. Continue to simmer until the liquid has reduced to ¼ the amount.
- Turn off the heat, toss in the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Leave to cool, chill and garnish with spring onions just before serving.