- 1 whole chicken (about 1 – 1.4 kg), chopped
- 5 pcs medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 cm ginger, sliced
- 5 medium red onions, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Angel Bean Paste (Minced)
- 3 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 2 tbsp gula Melaka, shaved
- Sprinkle of ground pepper
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Heat oil in a wok and add ginger slices, sauté lightly. Then add in red onions and sauté till fragrant and golden brown.
- Add in garlic and give it a few stirs. Then add in Angel Bean Paste and continue sautéing.
- Add in chicken pieces and potatoes then sauté till fragrant and golden brown. Remember to toss them from time to time to prevent burning.
- Pour in Angel Light Soy Sauce and top up with water till chicken pieces are ¾ covered. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes till chicken pieces are tender and the sauce is reduced to about half.