Kwangsi Stuffed Fried Bean Curd
- 1 medium-size Spanish mackerel
- 20 fried bean curds
- 3 water chestnuts, diced finely
- 2 medium red onions, chopped finely
- Chives, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Angel Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 15 ml salt water (½ tsp salt + 15 ml water)
- Anchovies soup
- Spring onions
- Fillet the fish into 2 sections. Scrape out the flesh from the skin and along the fishbone.
- Mix the flesh with salt water to form a fish paste.
- Add in Angel Oyster Sauce, ground pepper, water chestnuts, red onions, and chives into the fish paste. Mix well.
- Before stuffing, gently twist the fried bean curds to loosen it up. Fill the fish paste stuffing about ¾ full into the fried bean curd.
- Boil the stuffed bean curds in anchovies soup for 5-10 minutes or until cooked. Dish out, garnish and serve hot.