Hokkien Mee (Pork Free Version)
- 500 g (1 packet) thick yellow noodles, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 8 prawns, shelled & deveined
- 100 g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 whole fish cake, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 40 g choy sum, cut and separate stems and leaves
- 400-500 ml warm water (sufficient to cover the noodles to braise)
- 1 tsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Angel Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 3 tbsp Angel Thick Caramel
- 1 tsp anchovies concentrated stock
- Fried chicken skins
- Marinate prawns and chicken with marinade.
- Heat oil in a wok and add minced garlic. Stir fry until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add in marinated chicken and continue stir fry for a bit. Then toss in marinated prawns and fish cakes.
- Add in noodles and give it a quick stir. Pour sauce mixture and choy sum stems then continue stir fry until well mixed.
- Pour in water until almost fully covering the noodles and bring to a boil. Then simmer with the lid on for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken and reduce.
- Lift the lid and add choy sum leaves then continue stirring to combine. When the sauce is reduced, dish out and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fried chicken skins to replace the crunchy pork lard as the topping.