Golden Yam Balls with Sriracha Plum Sauce
- 240 g yam, shred into strips
- 80 g carrot, shred into strips
- 2½ tbsp glutinous rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds
- A handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- 6 tbsp Angel Plum Sauce
- 3 tbsp Angel Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce
- 125 ml water
- In a small pot, combine all dipping sauce ingredients and mix till well combined. Dish up and set aside.
- To make golden yam balls, mix yam and carrot strips with glutinous rice flour, salt and pepper until the mixture is slightly sticky. Then add in sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pot, then roll up the yam mixture into small balls and deep-fry until golden brown. Dish up and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.