Golden Steamed Chinese Pomfret
- 600g Chinese pomfret
- 30g baby mandarin oranges, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp goji berries, soaked
- 150ml baby mandarin orange juice (squeezed from 4 oranges; reserve the skins)
- 6 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Young ginger, thinly shredded
- Spring onion, thinly sliced
- Combine all the sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Gently score the pomfret on both sides.
- On a large steamer dish, lay some baby mandarin oranges on top. Stuff a few pieces of orange peels into the cavity of the pomfret and some on top of the pomfret.
- Steam the pomfret on high heat for 15 minutes or until the pomfret is thoroughly cooked. Remove from the steamer and pour away all water.
- In a pot, heat up the sauce ingredients. Once it is boiling, add in orange chunks and goji berries. Turn off the heat and pour over the pomfret.
- Garnish and serve while hot.