Cucumber and Bean Curd Stick Cold Salad
- 280 g Japanese cucumber, deseed and sliced 1-inch length
- 80 g dried bean curd sticks, soak overnight, drain and sliced 1-inch length
- 1-2 nos red bird’s eye chilli, thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp Angel Plum Sauce
- 3 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (First Draw)
- 80 ml water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Refrigerate cucumber slices for 2-3 hours.
- In a small pan, combine Angel Plum Sauce, Angel Light Soy Sauce (First Draw), chilli and water. Stir well and bring to a gentle boil. Add in bean curd and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- To assemble, toss in cucumber slices and mix well. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve cold.