Claypot Chicken Rice
- 4 pieces Chicken thighs
- 8 pieces Dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
- 1 cup White rice, washed
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 1 tbsp Angel Thick Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Select)
- 3 tbsp Angel Oyster Sauce
- Fried shallots
- Spring onions
- Put the chicken thighs and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl. Add marinade, mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Put the rice in a rice cooker. Add in oil and water. Press button to cook.
- Once the rice starts to bubble, gently pour in the marinated chicken and mushroom mixture onto the rice and let it continue to cook.
- While the rice is cooking, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the rice is cooked, let it rests for 5 – 10 minutes before opening the lid. Lift up the lid and drizzle the sauce mixture on top the hot rice, and mix everything well.
- Dish up and garnish with fried shallots and spring onions.