Chee Cheong Fun
- 120 g Rice flour
- 10 g Tapioca flour
- 10 g Wheat starch
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 500 ml Water
Sauce mixture, stir well till rock sugar dissolved
- 2 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Special)
- 60 ml Hot water
- 3 g Rock sugar, crushed
- Shallot oil
- Spring onions
- Combine all ingredients for the batter in a bowl. Whisk till smooth and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a steamer or large frying pan. Line a tray and heat in the steamer for 2 minutes.
- Brush the tray with some oil. Then, pour the batter onto the preheated tray until it forms a thin layer coating the tray evenly. Cover the steamer and cook for 4 minutes until the rice sheet bubbles and turns translucent.
- Remove the tray from the steamer. Let it stands for 1 minute. Gently loosen the edge of the rice sheet with a dough scraper and roll it up. Then, place it on a serving dish.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Dish up and drizzle with warm sauce mixture, shallot oil and garnish with spring onions before serving.