Jasmine Tea Steamed Fish
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 2 pax
- 400 g Skinless firm white fish fillets
- 20 g Jasmine tea leaves
- 4 sprigs Spring onions, cut into 2 inch length
- 50 g Ginger, sliced
- 3 tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 3 sprigs Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Young ginger, grated
- 4 g Rock sugar
- 125 ml Water
- Spring onions
- Young ginger
- Red chillies
- Line a 2-tier bamboo steamer with some baking paper. Put the tea leaves, spring onions and ginger on the bottom layer of the steamer. Cover and steam over a wok of simmering water for 10 minutes or until the tea leaves are moist and fragrant.
- Prick small holes on a baking paper and place it on the top layer of the steamer. Place the fish fillets on the baking paper and steam on high heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Dish up the fish and place onto a serving dish.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil till the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle the sauce mixture over the fish and garnish with spring onions, young ginger and red chillies before serving.