Auspicious 8 Treasures Lotus Leaf Rice
- 400 g Jasmine Sunwhite Fragrant Rice, washed and drained
- 2 pcs lotus leaves
- 60 g dried scallops, soaked overnight with liquid reserved
- 60 g dried oysters, soaked overnight with liquid reserved
- 120 g dried prawns, soaked until soft and roughly chopped
- 180 g carrots, diced
- 40 g dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked overnight with liquid reserved, sliced
- 130 g fresh lotus seeds
- 30 g goji berries
- 40 g ginger, minced
- 80 g garlic, minced
- 9½ tbsp Angel Oyster Sauce
- 3½ tbsp Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected)
- 1 tsp Angel Thick Caramel
- 1000 ml liquid (reserved from scallops, oysters, and mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100 g toasted cashew nuts
- 2 sprigs spring onions, thinly sliced
- Soak lotus leaves in hot water for 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil and sesame oil in a wok, add in ginger, garlic. and dried prawns. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in Jasmine Sunwhite Fragrant Rice and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Add in carrots, mushrooms, lotus seeds and stir well, followed by scallops and dried oysters, stir-fry for another 1 minute.
- Add in 250 ml liquid and stir-fry until all liquid is absorbed. Repeat until all liquid is used up. Top up with water if insufficient.
- Add in Angel Oyster Sauce, Angel Light Soy Sauce (Selected) and Angel Thick Caramel. Stir well and remove from heat.
- To plate, brush each layer of lotus leaves with oil and place them atop one another in a large bowl. Toss in the rice and goji berries by then fold over neatly and steam for 30 minutes.
- To serve, tip the lotus leaf rice to a plate, slit the top and garnish with cashew nuts and spring onions.