Soy Sauce Chicken
- 1.2 kg chicken thighs
- Windmill potato starch solution
- ½ tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ slice tangerine peel
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
- 3 slices old ginger
- 50 gm shallots
- 200 gm Angel Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Angel Thick Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add pepper to taste
- 120 gm cane sugar
- 2 cups water
- Pour white vinegar into 1 ½ litres of boiling water.
- Quick-dip the chicken thighs into the vinegar water, then drain away water.
- Place ingredients (B) and (C) in a wok and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken thighs into the prepared sauce in the wok and stir evenly.
- Cover the lid and simmer chicken on low heat until cooked.
- Add Windmill potato starch solution and stir till sauce is thick and nice. Slice chicken into smaller pieces. Serve with cooked rice.
Chicken dipped in vinegar water cooks well & looks more appetizing!